Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hollyhocks on histogram

I've had a lot of poorly exposed images lately, I have a couple of reasons for that. I've been shooting in more difficult lighting conditions and places I haven't had my gray card. I shot the first image relying on the in camera meter, then I viewed my histogram and adjusted exposure comp and rechecked my histogram.

These are both SOOC, I only resized and stamped them no USM or anything.

BTW, these are of my hollyhocks, finally almost ready to bloom. I'm very excited.

06100786

After adjusted for histogram

06100787

The technical info is available on flickr if you click the images.

3 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Hollyhocks remind me so much of my childhood-

Beautiful photos.

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Very pretty! Do you do much post-processing? Shooting in full manual has helped me a lot- if the lighting doesn't change you can set it and leave it. I get better results that way than using AP, as it will always underexpose. I do shoot in AP as needed, but shooting in RAW helps too. HTH!

Heather said...

When I am practicing something that classify under a technical assignment I do no post processing. I shoot in RAW and don't adjust anything so they end up being very RAW images. These I didn't even USM.

When I'm shooting things instead of kids I love my gray card, but it's a pain with moving kids in changing light.