Friday, June 1, 2007

Happy Friday garden update

Here's the deal. I'm loving my garden this year, I have people stopping to look and comment and ask questions. I live on pristine lawn drive and a lot of my yard still needs a lot of help so I never imagined that people would stop and look at *my* garden.

I feel like a new Mother with a newborn and can't believe the day to day difference. To keep my garden picture posting contained I'm going to do weekly garden updates on Fridays. With lots of SOOC, simply progress pictures.

With that said, here we go. Warning, picture overload.

Garden Guest



Peas



Baby broccoli head



Dill, the matted smushed stuff didn't do well during transplant but it's finally perking up.



Thyme



Sage



Rosemary




The Scientist's geranium. He's as bad to take into a nursery as my Mom is. "Mom, look at this tree, it would look so pretty in our yard" Never mind it's over a $100 and we don't have anywhere to put trees right now. He settled for a couple of geranium plants though.



My poppy plant, I am only getting one blossom at a time so I hope that next year I get more blossoms off of them.



Cabbage that I bought since I couldn't find any more broccoli to replace the 2 that didn't make it through transplant. I could only find pony packs so I have 4 cabbage plants in my flowerbed (yes, along with the tomatoes)



Nameless flower that I've been watching to see if it's a weed or not. This stuff is all over and so beautiful and I have no idea what it's called and haven't been able to find any in stores.



My broccoli is doing wonderful, I love the greenery on these plants. If you look back to last weeks pictures these have grown a bunch.



Cauliflower starting to head up nicely. I'm still not convinced it's not cabbage though.



Peppers, no I don't know what kind yet but I'd guess jalepeno if I had to.



The Scientists pumpkin plant from Mrs. D's class. When he brought it home only one of them has sprouted and luckily we haven't planted it yet, the 2 new sprouts look a lot healthier. I need to get out digging in the backyard though. *sigh*



Camomile perking up and not looking sleepy finally. It even has some new growth.



Onions



Spinach, just about ready for the first cutting.



Corn sprouts



Cucumbers.



The last of the seeds started to come up, the only thing not sprouted yet is the beans. Well, and the things I'm still working on planting.



Itty bitty lily plant that I planted a couple of years ago but it never came up. At least it didn't until I stuck a tomato plant nearby. What I don't understand is why this one has buds when the one below is big, full, healthy and budless. Are there male/female lily plants?



This lily was planted the same time.



Tomato blossom :) I've got a few baby tomatoes on the vine, now for them to grow and ripen.



Baby carrots. A few haven't come up so I've replanted bare spots, I'll thin if I need to. Unfortunately I couldn't remember which boxes had thumbelina carrots and which ones had rainbow.



Strawberries (ones in the SFG, not in the strawberry fountain)

1 comment:

Amy (3 Peas) said...

What an amazing garden you'll have!!