Sunday, January 7, 2007

What not to do

I love shooting in the snow. I know how far to compensate, I know what to expect.

However, snow with bright sun? Not so much. I got bad underlighting from the reflection leaving dark eyes.

So, next time I'll wait until I have the shade of the house. I'll also not give her a cream colored hat when we are shooting in white. (I'll be right back with my exif info)

Or not, I can't pull it up for some reason today. 50 mm, ap around 2, exposure comp +1









13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the freckles :). I like her expression in #1.

Karson and Kami said...

I think these are really cute. You captured some great expressions.

Robyn said...

I can't believe anyone can love shooting in snow. I guess I'm not used to it - I can never get the exposure right. But put me on a beach and I'm right at home. I think you did really well. Love the freckles too...

Betty "CC" Gray said...

These are nice. I love the expressions that you were able to capture. BTW, I'm so jealous. I want snow!

TL said...

reguardless.... you are still amazing! and i just LOVE CHAR!

you do awesome snow pics!

Unknown said...

Don't get much practice in Houston Texas for shooting in the snow ~ but from here they look Great!!

Monica said...

Love them both! Even if they aren't technically perfect...

Tara said...

I like them. They have a soft dreamy feel to them.

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

Looks like you are really working that snow! Must be cold though lol!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures and a great lesson :) A perfect example of what the challenge is all about YAY! Freckles were made for your daughter! Beautiful.

Ali said...

These are super cute!
I LOVE her freckles!!

Allison said...

Looks like she is having so much fun!

Jen said...

Way cute face! And you did great with the exposure and not blowing the hat! WTG!