Monday, January 22, 2007

The things that matter most

The first week of class one of our instructors was talking to us about prioritizing our life, especially the next 3 semesters of school. He mentioned he frequently thinks to himself "don't let the things that matter least get in the way of the things that matter the most"

I attempted to do this as a self-family portrait but it didn't work (those are my texts for this semester in the background being ignored.) I don't have a wide enough lens that lets in enough light for my livingroom so I'm going to have to revisit this one. I did feel it very fitting explanation for why I didn't post over the weekend (I worked long, busy shifts on the ambulance and spent my time home with the kids)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think it's a great capture! As a side note, are you a paramedic? I don't come across other EMS moms very often, so I was excited to read that you work on an ambulance! : )

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Great capture! I love photos that tell a story :)

Heather said...

Mellisa, I'm an EMT-I who is going to nursing school. I want to keep running even after I get my BSN, but I don't know if I'll go on and get my paramedic license or not. Our medical director is looking at the group of us who aren't paramedics that are going through the BSN program and contemplating allowing us to run Critical Care transports. The rest of the stuff we do is very rural so being a medic doesn't change much other than seniority for probably 70% of our calls.

Wow, sorry that got longer than I expected.