Friday, July 6, 2007

Painting with light, old school


07060709
Originally uploaded by HDC Photography
Long exposure, outside, after dark, with a tripod and a flashlight (yes, a camera too)

It's hard with all of the night ambient light we have around here, the only other times I've done it has been no moon middle of nowhere pitch black and a landscape. I had a had to narrow the light from the flashlight with my hand (I used of used my pen light now that I think about it)

I wish there were less light on the top flower, and perhaps a narrower ap so that I could have lengthened my SS even more.

SS 6", f4.0, 50 mm 1.8 lens, ISO 200, D50

3 comments:

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Very cool! I might have to try this!

Corey~living and loving said...

I think is is very pretty! I need to try this sometime. :) Thanks for the inspiration.

Danielle said...

So beautiful! I love it. I am not one for taking amazing photos, so I am in awe of those who do! I like that a lot. I'd love one of my garden at night like that, that would be pretty.
~Danielle