Monday, July 16, 2007

Fire season


071607115
Originally uploaded by HDC Photography
It's going to be a bad year, we're already at a level 4, at level 5 they call in support from other countries (not that I object to the help, it's just a sign of how bad the year is when we're not even into August yet)

We went to see what we could see from a distance and we caught the planes flying directly over us. You can see the red from their drops.

We went out a little closer to the fire and couldn't see much besides smoke but we were able to watch the planes working.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

My brother sent me a pic yesterday of one of the fires down there, it is scary how bad it is! I was so glad to wake up to storm clouds this morning, but they just blew away... we need rain in Utah so badly!!
That pic is awesome, btw.

Lisa M. said...

I love the planes!

I am so glad things seem to be calming down a little.

It's been insane!