Sunday, May 13, 2007

Welcome to my childhood

Went to the cabin today for Mother's Day. I realized I was introducing my kids to my favorite things from my childhood. I loved going up the mountain Sunday after church with my Grandparents. It's nestled away from the main road around the hill and so nice and quiet. You can hear the stream and wind playing a soothing song (when the kids aren't running around anyways)

Most of these picts are snaps, but important for the healing I've done today.

Meet "The Big Tree" For those of you in the NorthWest I'm sure you are saying what big tree? but for our area this is a big tree. It is burned into my memory as I saw it as a child, as big as life itself and reaching forever heavenward. (in reality it's over 17' in diameter)



Reaching around The Big Tree holding hands is a long time tradition. It took 10 people this time, 9 children and 1 adult.



Along the trail...



What's a trip to The Big Tree without taking a detour to the river to throw rocks in?



What good is throwing rocks in the river if some girls don't get soaked in the process?



I have more pictures, I'm splitting them up into 2 posts.

No comments: