Thursday, May 10, 2007

RIP dear friends

The troublesome twosome bolted out the front door today (typically they are in the front room but just run circles around whoever comes in) and kept running. I think the excitement of the free run had them feeding off of each other and they would not stop much less turn around and come home.

I had The Scientist jump on his bike with the leash while I got The Princess in her carseat to go get them. The Investigator had saw them on her way home and diverted to go get them. I catch up to The Scientist and we all start driving to find them.

We find them on 300 West, where they'd just been hit by a car that didn't stop, didn't brake, didn't even slow down.

Rusty didn't even make it to the vet's office, and Mom made the decision tonight to have Charlie euthanized (in short his pelvis is shattered and he has no stability)

Rusty would sleep with The Princess when she was sick and come and wake me up if she started to sound yucky and needed to be steamed and/or a breathing treatment. This hard week I've had he's been right at my side the entire time.

Charlie has been my Mom's companion the past couple of years with Dad coming and going on jobs and was very much their youngest child.

Rusty (yes, you've seen this one before)


This is the only picture I can find of Charlie


3 comments:

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

OH NO how sad! I am so sorry!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled onto your blog thru a number of other photo blogs... your title RIP dear friends caught my eye... then my heart once I read & saw the pics. I have a black cocker who is my world & i would be a basket case if anything happen to her. I am sorry for your double loss.

Heather said...

Thanks so much for your thoughts. I've really not done well with this, but am burying myself in gardening and photography and it's starting to get better.