Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Life (part 2) no pictures though, just rambling

I've got a few blogs that I follow aside from the 365 blogs (I know, you are all shocked) Most of them have some aspect in their life that I either really admire and wish I possessed or a lifestyle that I wish was mine. The tales of a homesteader filling her freezer with meat they raised, cheeses made from the goats they've milked, a Mom's strength going to fight for sick child, families who travel frequently.

None of them are me, but a part of me wishes that they were.

This is where life fits in. Yesterday the images I captured could have represented life and rebirth and the whole spring time the world is growing again feeling. They didn't 'feel' right to me though. They weren't my life. As much as I love spring, my life is not in the quiet strength of a tulip reaching up through the cold ground (ok, yesterday wasn't cold and I'm not sure why the tulips next door came up late but I'll shoot without complaining) or the tiny seeds finding the strength to reach towards the sun and grow.

It's a beautiful life, just like the blogs I follow are beautiful wonderful lives that I wouldn't mind at least being able to try for a while.

I'm on my laptop tonight and that's part of why I'm not adding my images. The other part is they aren't just right yet. These images fit with the 100 images I started posting about me. I should go and count because I don't remember how many I posted before my schedule got crazy hectic, but my next several shots are going to be 'about me' images.

No comments: