Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Go ahead Spring, take your time


04080838
Originally uploaded by HDC Photography
This morning as I lay in bed moaning and complaining that my alarm was going off (again!) I realized that my mornings are very much like spring. I don't get up and jump out of bed and am good for the day, my alarm goes off and flop over to turn it off, I might even get up to the bathroom and come back to bed making my family mistakenly think I was up and good for the day.

Similarly Spring starts and stops in spurts and sometimes we think for sure she has finally come to stay and she crawls back underneath the duvet of snow for another 9 minutes of rest before the day begins.

I enjoy the time between my alarm going off and me being up and functional to go nice, slow, and calmly so I'll stop rushing Spring. Go ahead and take your time, just know that my cabbage seeds have sprouted.

No comments: